The Red Brick summit in collaboration with Equipoise -The economics club of IIM Ahmedabad presents Tradecraft an event which looks at the problem of global warming and its consequences as a problem to be worked upon using financial and diplomatic tools. The contesting teams are provided avenues in the form of auction, trading of carbon credits, pollution reduction projects, lending, and borrowing, etc. A real test of diplomacy, creative leadership and a genuine love for financial stratagem at its heart, Carbon Credit Trading is more than a conventional trading platform.
Round-1 QuizDate : 24th, August
Time : 09:30 PM
- Each team to consist of 2 members.
- Cross-college teams are allowed.
- No limit on the number of participants from each college.
- No limit on the number of events one can participate in.
- No registration fee.
- Only under-graduate, post-graduate and MBA students eligible to participate. School students and corporates are not allowed to participate.
- A person can register as part of only one team for one event.
- Violation of this rule will lead to disqualification of the entire team.
- Those who shall be going abroad on student exchange programmes can participate so long as there is at least one non-exchange member in the team.
- The organiser’s decision shall be final in all matter
Total prizes worth Rs. 50,000
Winner: Prizes worth Rs 40,000 + Certificates
Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 10,000 + Certificates
The contestants will be provided 20 questions pertaining to the carbon credit system and trading. The results of the evaluation of responses will determine the shortlisting of 15-20 teams for the event.
It will be held from 24 Aug'19, 9:30 PM IST to 24 Aug’19, 9:50 PM IST
Round Type: Online Quiz
An off-campus round: The selected teams will be presented with a case study that they will have to analyze and present solutions to within the stipulated time
It will be held from 29 Aug'19, 6:30 PM IST to 2 Sep’19, 6:29 PM IST
Round Type: Online Submission
This is an on-campus round which will require the teams to set emission reduction targets, bidding for carbon credits and trading between countries.
It will be held from 29 Sep’19, 12:00 AM IST to 2 Oct’19, 8:05 PM IST
Round Type: OnCampus