The Red Brick Summit 2019 in collaboration with Motilal Oswal proudly announces the third edition of arguably the biggest stock pitch event in India – the Motilal Oswal “Think Equity Think QGLP” Contest 2019. The contest provides a great forum for B-school students to test their stock-picking skills, present the same to a distinguished panel of investors, and win attractive cash prizes along the way.
Submission of entries byDate : 5th, September
Time : 11:59 PM
- The Contest is open to all students currently studying in B-schools and pursuing MBA or equivalent degree in India.
- Students need to form teams of exactly three people, and fully understand what QGLP stands for (QGLP Backdrop Deck attached).
- The teams need to write out their stock idea strictly in the prescribed QGLP format, coupled with their financial model Excel file.
- Every B-school will need to internally screen entries and select the best team to participate in the Contest. Only one entry (3-member team) per business school will be accepted.
- This event is regulated by the TRBS’19 Campus Ambassadors”. Please get in touch with your college campus ambassadors to get to know the exact details about the submission procedure for this event. In case if you cannot find who the campus ambassador of your campus is, you can reach out to email@example.com
- The entries to Motilal Oswal will only go through the Campus Ambassadors. Teams cannot individually send entries to them and that will lead to disqualification.
- 1st and 2nd year students can form a team together
- 1 exchange student is allowed per team.
- The last date for submission of entries is 5th September 2019.
Total prizes worth Rs. 13,00,000
Winner: Prizes worth Rs 5,00,000
Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 3,00,000
2nd Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 1,50,000
Consolation prize for 7 teams: Prizes worth Rs 50,000 each
Round 1 (Online- Stock Pitch Deck):
This event would involve the teams writing out their stock pitch for a particular company. The participants from various Business Schools need to familiarise themselves with the QGLP stock picking methodology. Using the methodology, they need to pick a stock and give a rationale for the same in the prescribed QGLP format.
Rules for the stock pitch event:
- The stock should be listed on the BSE and/or NSE, with a minimum market capitalization of INR 3,000 crores as on the date of application.
- The pitched stock should ideally offer 3-year return CAGR of 25% or higher.
- The final submission should include —1. This Application Form duly completed; and 2. An Excel file carrying the financial model with earnings projections for at least 3 years.
Judges will look for sync between the ‘narrative’ (investment argument) and ‘numbers’ (financials).
All the entries received will be assessed by an internal team of Motilal Oswal chaired by Mr. Raamdeo Agrawal, Chairman, Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company.
The 10 best entries will qualify for the contest finals to be held on Wednesday, 1st October 2019, at The Red Brick Summit, in the campus of IIM Ahmedabad.
Timeline: By September 5th 2019
Round 2 (Campus)
The qualifying finalists will need to present their stock pitch to a three-member jury chaired by Mr. Raamdeo Agrawal. Based on the presentation, the jury will select the top three winners.
Timeline: This round will be conducted on October 1st in the campus itself.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. : 9870724443
This event is regulated by TRBS’19 Campus Ambassadors. Please get in touch with your college campus ambassadors to get to know the exact details about the submission procedure for this event. In case if you cannot find who the campus ambassador of your campus is, you can reach out to email@example.com