Round 1(Case Submission)Date : 12th, September
Time : 12:00 AM
Round 2 (Session on Zoom)
1. Each team will consist of 6 members. (3 Directors 1 Company Secretary, 1 CEO and 1 Media Person)
Cross-college teams are not allowed.
2. There is no limit to the number of teams from a college in the preliminary round.
3. There is no registration fee for the event.
4. Only undergraduate, post-graduate and MBA students are eligible to participate. School students and corporates are not allowed to participate.
5. A person can register as part of only one team.
6. The organizer’s decision shall be final in all matters.
7. Teams are free to designate the domains for their respective directors. However, independent/nominal directors are not allowed.
8. The sequence and respective time limit for the final round is tentatively as follows:
Discussion: 60 minutes
Board Meeting: 20 minutes
CEO’s statement to the press: 2 minutes
CEO’s interaction with the press: 15 minutes
9. Participants shall be penalized for crossing any of the time limits mentioned above.
10. School students not enrolled at any undergrad institute, and final year students who have already appeared for their exams or are yet to appear for the same owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, are not eligible for registration.
Prizes worth INR 30,000
Winner: INR 15,000
First Runner up: INR 10,000
Second Runner up: INR 5,000
(Participation Certificates to all participants)
Preliminary Round (Online):
A case study will be emailed to the participants. They are required to submit a one-pager solution and a one-pager press release. Expected length of case study: 6 to 10 pages
Format of Submission:
One-Pager: Font: Times New Roman, Font size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.15 pts., Margins: Normal
Press Release: Template shall be given to the participants
Final Round (Online Zoom Meeting):
Team Size: 6 members including 3 directors, 1 company secretary, 1 CEO, and 1 media personnel. Their roles would be as follows:
- The Directors: A CXO level problem shall be presented before the directors. They will have 60 minutes to think of a solution to be presented before the CEO. Use of PPT is mandatory. The directors cannot contact any other person while they brainstorm on the solution. A press release is to be submitted by the directors within 5 minutes of the end of the board meeting.
- The Company Secretary: The company secretary is required to note down the minutes of the meeting. He will also be a part of the directors' discussion. All legal and formal communications (submitting minutes of meeting to judges, press release to media panel, stating members of the meeting, its purpose, etc.) will be done by the Company Secretary.
- The CEO: While the directors think of a solution, the CEO will be present in the boardroom with no access to any person on his team. He will be given the problem 10 minutes before the meeting starts. The CEO is required to drive the entire discussion and bring the board to a consensus. Post this, the CEO will address the press and answer their queries.
- Media Person: The media person shall be part of the press which shall consist of media personals of all the teams in the final round. The press would be posing questions to the CEOs. The media person would be disassociated with the team he registered with throughout the final rounds and must work as a separate entity. However, he would not be allowed to ask questions to his team. The way he contributes to the team is by posing quality questions to the other teams. The basis for asking questions to the CEO shall be the press statement issued by the company and the case study. However, relevant allegations can be raised by the media person.
The entire round would be conducted virtually on Zoom. Each team would be allocated a window/time slot wherein they would conduct their board meeting and submit the press release. Post this, they would be joined by the judges (evaluation team)/media personnel and would have to deal with the questions/concerns put forth by the press.
Amit Bikram : email@example.com
Vamshikrishna Avula: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for Registration: 10th September 2021