“Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” - Seth Godin, and that is exactly what we want to see you doing: make stories that sell products. Whether you want to resort to logic, emotions or culture to sell, we leave that to you. Which income segment, demographic or gender you want to target, we leave that to you too. The ends are the same for everyone, the means are not. And your choice of means is what we will test you on.
Kotler’s conundrum is your chance to don the hat of a marketer, step into the shoes of a customer, think what your prospective customer cares about and push yourself to build a brand from its inception by researching, strategizing, conceptualising, advertising and launching a product. The Red Brick summit in collaboration with Niche -the Marketing club of IIM Ahmedabad, presents Kotler’s Conundrum -your opportunity to plan, improvise and deliver. Explore and compete with the best in a carefully designed simulated environment and prove yourself worthy of Kotler and his conundrums.
Kotler's Conundrum is a marketing strategy competition entailing 3 rounds (Quiz, Ad-Making and Case-Study) where the participants have to actively apply their marketing knowledge. The rounds will allow participants to express their creativity and business acumen in order to build/revive a brand from its inception/crisis by researching, strategizing, conceptualizing, advertising and launching/revamping a product.
Round 1 Online QuizDate : 11th, September
Time : 09:00 PM
- Each team consists of 3 members, exactly cross-college teams are not allowed.
- No limit on the number of participants from each college.
- No limit on the number of events one can participate in.
- No registration fees.
- Only post-graduate (including MBA and other similar PGDM courses) students are allowed to apply.
- School students and working professionals are ineligible for the event.
- A person can register as part of only one team for one event, violation of any of these rules will lead to disqualification of the entire team.
- The organizer’s decision shall be final in all matters.
- The organizing team reserves the right to change the rules at any point in time and all decisions in the matter of eligibility, authenticity & final judgment will be with the organizing team.
Total prizes worth INR 50,000
Winner - INR 30,000
First Runner Up - INR 15,000
Second Runner Up - INR 5,000
Round 1: Online Quiz
The first round is all about marketing basics, but repackaged into an acid test of logical thinking, decision making and, most importantly, time management. You will be racing against the clock as you test your analytical and improvisational abilities. Further details will be updated closer to the event
Date: 11 Sep'21 09:00 PM IST - 11 Sep'21 11:00 PM IST
Round 2: Ad Making
This round is a test of creativity and an understanding of the consumer market. Based on the product/service, the team will have to create an advertisement for the desired market segment, delivering the key message. Innovation is crucial as you fight among masters to deliver the best advertisements. Further details will be updated closer to the event.
Date: 13 Sep'21 12:00 AM IST - 22 Sep'21 11:59 PM IST
Round 3: Final Online Case
The finalists are in for an exciting yet challenging problem ahead of them. The teams have to utilize all their marketing gyaan, resources and time to compete with the top marketeers of the country. The final deliverables have to be presented in a crisp presentation with all the decisions backed with enough evidence. Further details will be updated closer to the event.
Date: 9 Oct'21 - 10 Oct' 21
The challenge is yours to accept.
Last date for registration: 10th September 2020, 23:59 PM