The IIMA MUN is an online conference designed to provide Model UN opportunities to anyone with an Internet connection. This event would provide a platform for the delegates to collaborate and discuss the world’s most pressing issues through research, drafting, lobbying, debate, and finally pass a suitable resolution. Delegates would have to represent different countries and work together with other delegates from different backgrounds/countries to take part in discussions and reach a solution for the agenda they are assigned. For example, a student may be assigned the United Kingdom and he/she will have to solve global topics such as nuclear non-proliferation or climate change from the policies and perspectives of the United Kingdom. The agendas or topics taken up during the MUNs are a reflection of real-world issues discussed by the United Nations and range from general topics such as rights of religious minorities to specific topics such as improvement of accident safeguards surrounding nuclear plants.
Round 1: Delegate Registration and Official AnnouncementsDate : 7th, September
Time : 12:00 AM
- 1. Participation is open to working professionals, and students pursuing secondary, higher secondary, or higher education (under graduation, post-graduation, or doctorate).
- 2. There are no prerequisites for participation.
- 3. The participation will be on an individual basis (only a single delegation for the committees).
- 4. There will be 3 rounds of delegate applications. If you apply for any of the rounds, you will get your country and committee provisional allotment via email within 3 days of closing of applications for that round.
- 5. You will be needed to pay the delegate fees within the mailed timeline for confirming your allotment. If you fail to pay within the timeline, your provisional allotment will stand cancelled.
- 6. Once the delegate fees are paid, your allotment will be confirmed (or can be sent for upgradation as per the requirement).
- 7. Post the payment, no refund, whatsoever, can be done for the withdrawal from the event.
- 8. The registrations would not assure confirmation of allotment.
- 9. All allocations and upgradations will be based on the discretion of the organizing committee.
- 10. The upgradation of the allotments will be subject to availability and expected MUN experience for representing the allotment.
- 11. The delegate will be solely responsible for the stable internet connectivity during the event.
- 12. The delegates are required to attend at least 5 sessions to be considered for an award.
Special monetary prizes (prize pool worth Rs. 30,000) will go to the Best Delegate, High Commendation and Special Mention. All delegates will receive a certificate of participation.
- There will be 3 rounds of delegate applications. Preferably, it will be better to apply in the initial rounds for confirming your desired allotments.
- The applicants must complete the payment of the fee within the emailed timeline to confirm their allotments.
- 1. The MUN conference will be a 2-day event.
- 2. There will be 3 sessions, both days for assuring constructive debate.
- 3. There will be two committees simulated at IIMA MUN.
- 4. The details of the same will be communicated soon. The committee links will be shared a day before the conference.
- 5. Official WhatsApp groups will be formed for smooth and substantive discussion during the committee hours.
Last date for registration: 20th September 2021