Gathbandhan - International M&A Case Competition
A completely online competition, Gathbandhan will provide the teams with an amazing opportunity to compete with the best of the best in the world in all areas of general management including Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human Resources & Public Policy. Gathbandhan, meaning 'alliance' in Hindi, explores the themes of Mergers and Acquisitions and tests if the participants have what it takes to be 'expert-generalists’.
Preliminary Round Case ReleaseDate : 1st, October
Time : 12:00 AM
- Each team to consist of 2-3 members.
- Cross-college teams are not allowed.
- No limit on the number of teams from a college.
- No limit on the number of events one can participate in.
- No registration fee.
- Only undergraduate, post-graduate, and 1/ 2 year MBA students are eligible to participate. School students and corporates are not allowed to participate.
- Executive MBA students are not allowed.
- A person can register as part of only one team for one event.
- All the prizes and certificates will be sent to the bank and email account of the team leader respectively.
- The organizing team reserves the right to change the rules at any point in time and all decisions in the matter of eligibility, authenticity & final judgment will be with the organizing team.
Note: School students not enrolled at any undergrad institute, and final year students who have already appeared for their exams or are yet to appear for the same owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, are not eligible for registration
Total prizes: Rs. 60,000
Winner: Rs. 30,000
First Runner Up: Rs. 20,000
Second Runner Up: Rs. 10,000
E-certificates to the top 3 teams
The event will have 2 rounds:
- Preliminary Round (Online):
Online Submission on a case covering various domains of General Management. The theme of the case would be Mergers and Acquisitions. Submission would be in the form of a small power-point presentation. The top 10 teams would be shortlisted based on the strategy selected and the recommendations proposed.
- Final Round (Online): An elaborate case on Mergers and Acquisition which requires two types of submissions, First, a PowerPoint presentation focusing on the 360-degree approach to the stated M&A to test the General Management skills of the participants. Secondly, a short video of fewer than 8 minutes where the teams are expected to present the above-mentioned PPT. In case the judges have any queries, expect a video call from them at a previously agreed upon time slot. However, it is to be noted that the call would be made only if the judges need clarification.
Last date for registration: 30th September 2020