About The Event
The Red Bricks Summit & BETA, the Finance and Investments Club of IIM-Ahmedabad proudly present to you
“Exchequer – Come be the Oracle of Dalal Street”
The event is a platform for showcasing your domain expertise in the financial sector and wrack your brains against the best of the best. The event is a national level competition split across 3 verticals – Banker’s Spread (Retail Banking), Dalal Street Oracle (Markets) and Rain-Maker (Deal Making).
Teams will be tested on real-life problems faced by the industry through interactive games, quizzes, and cases across the three verticals.
• In the “Banker’s Spread”, teams will be tested on their banking nous. The teams will be first presented a quiz pertaining to the BFSI sector in India and the world, following which qualifying teams will be invited to work on a real-life problem in the final round. A panel of industry stalwarts and professors of repute shall be judging the competition.
• The “Dalal Street Oracle” will seek a team to show their market trading acumen. Teams will first be given a quiz basis which eliminations shall be made. Following the quiz, qualifying teams will be put through a simulated market scenario and they will need to fight it out against other qualifying teams in a market scenario.
• The “Rain-Maker” vertical (Deal Making) calls you out to test your deal-making abilities. In a three-round process, teams will be put through a quiz pertaining to deals and the madness behind them. Teams will then be asked to make a buy-side pitch where they get a taste of the Private Equity world; Teams qualifying for the final campus round shall be given a case to solve which shall entail making a sell-side pitch to test your Investment Banking skills.
The event will be structured across the 3 verticals to give due weight to each.
The quiz shall be held online for the elimination round. The second round for the markets and deal-making verticals shall be conducted before the campus round with online submissions. Cases shall be shared a few days in advance of the submission. Final selection shall be made basis an average score of all three verticals. Teams that make it to the campus round shall be provided the cases a few days in advance of the deadlines and will be expected to present the case before a panel of industry experts.
Round-1 QuizDate : 22nd, August
Time : 10:30 PM
• Cross-college teams are not allowed.
• No limit on the number of participants from each college.
• No limit on the number of events one can participate in.
• No registration fee.
• Only under-graduate, post-graduate and MBA students are eligible to participate.
• School students and corporates are not allowed to participate.
• A person can register as part of only one team for one event. Violation of this rule will lead to disqualification of the entire team.
• Those who shall be going abroad on student exchange programs are not allowed to participate.
• The organizer's decision shall be final in all matters.
Total Prizes worth Rs. 80,000
Winner: Prizes worth Rs 50,000
Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 20,000
2nd Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 10,000
E-certificates to all participants
Round 1 (Online)
This round would consist of a quiz of 10-15 questions from each of the three verticals. (Roughly 40 questions)
Round 2 (Online)
Making it Rain: Teams would be presented with a case and would be asked to submit the solution in the PPT.
Round 3 (Campus)
Banker’s Spread: Teams would be presented with a Retail Banking Case. They would be developing the solution and presenting the same.
Event Location: Ahmedabad
Mobile: 98927 27517